In an effort to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), effective Tuesday, March 17, 2020, all city facilities will be closed to public walk-ins until further notice. City services will be available online, by phone, and through limited in-person appointments. You can view the full press release and more information here.
To view the Governor's Executive Orders, please click here.
Barrow County Family Connection has pulled together a list of resources and information for the Barrow County area. You can view this list here.

Retirement Plan

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

  City of Winder Defined Contribution Plan

A defined contribution (DC) plan is a type of retirement plan in which the employer, employee, or both make contributions on a regular basis. Individual accounts are set up for participants, and benefits are based on the amounts credited to these accounts (through employer contributions and, if applicable, employee contributions) plus any investment earnings on the money in the account.


City of Winder Plans are administered by Nationwide.

 Retirement Packet

457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan
Every employee is eligible to participate in the City of Winder's Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b).

Employees may begin contributions at 1% of salary per pay period. The maximum contributions per year are set by the IRS each year and are affected by the age of the participant.

Contributions must be made in one percent (1%) increments.

401(a) Defined Contribution Plan
Participation is voluntary

Full-time employees are considered eligible after 90 days of employment. The employee must enroll.

Each pay period the City will automatically contribute an amount equal to three percent (3%) of the employee's eligible compensation (once the employee is enrolled). Even if the employee chooses not to contribute on their own. Employees need to establish their account prior to funding.

 If an employee contributes at least three percent (3.0%) of salary to the Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b), the City of Winder will match this contribution with an additional three percent (3.0%) of salary to the Defined Contribution Plan. Once an employee has five (5) year of service with the City of Winder, the City will match an additional two percent (2%) for a one to one match for a total of five percent (5%).

Example: An employee making $34,000 who contributes 3% of his/her pre-taxed salary, would contribute $39.23 per pay period. The City would contribute $39.23 automatically plus an additional $39.23 due to the employees participation. Remember this contribution is pre-tax, so the benefits are greater. 

All employees are encouraged to consult with a financial planner to understand plan options.