Fire Prevention is implemented in several ways by the department:
* Business Inspections
* Fire Prevention/Safety Classes at the station
* Fire Prevention Classes in the community, schools, and preschools
* Fire Extinguisher Classes
* Downtown Walk Around
* Education of officers and firefighters regarding Fire Prevention and Fire Safety.
Georgia Law requires the City of Winder enforce a fire code that is equal to the minimum fire laws of Georgia. The City complies with this law.
- Fire Codes
- Pre-1948 Georgia Fire Law
- 2012 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- ADA Codes as required by the U.S Department of Justice
- 1948 Fire Code (Building and Exit Code)
- NFPA codes as adopted and/or modified by the City of Winder and/or the State of Georgia Fire Marshal's Office
- 2006 International Fire Code
Outdoor burn permits for the City of Winder are issued at Winder Fire Station #1, located at 96 North Broad Street. At this time please call 770-867-3212 to obtain a burn permit during the hours 8:00 a.m. till 6:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Citizens are also responsible for following the outdoor burn regulations set forth by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.