RFP for the Purchase or Lease Purchase of City Building
- Department:Finance Department
- RFP Number:540
- Start Date:08/07/2017
- Close Date:09/01/2017 2:00 PM
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
FOR THE PURCHASE OR LEASE PURCHASE OF CITY BUILDING
(CITY REAL ESTATE)
Issue Date: August 7, 2017
Due Date 2:00 P.M. Local Time
September 1, 2017
The City of Winder (ʺCityʺ) invites developers, end‐users and interested parties (collectively ʺProposerʺ) to submit a proposal for the purchase or lease purchase of the property located at 89 East Athens Street to be zoned Commercial (B-1) with commercial/retail stores and accessory uses (ʺProposalʺ). Due date for receipt of Proposals is 2:00 pm, September 1, 2017.
The building contains approximately 20,181 total gross square feet of building space, with approximately 19,800 square feet of leasable office/professional/institutional space located on two (2) floors. The two story building with a basement is currently part of a larger tract of City owned property and will be subdivided and transferred as a separate parcel as part of the closing process. It is the intent of the City to maintain ownership of the parking area and allow for public parking.
The City of Winder on June 9, 2017 obtained an appraisal for the property located at 89 East Athens Street. This appraisal is available upon request from the office of the city administrator. The appraised value of the property is $1,300,000.00.
Proposals should be prepared simply and economically, providing a straightforward and concise description of the amount to be paid. The City will not reimburse any Proposer for any costs involved in the preparation and submission of Proposals or any expenses incurred
Formal communication, such as requests for clarification and/or information concerning this solicitation shall be submitted in writing to Debbie Mahoney, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions received less than two (2) business days before the Proposal is due may not be answered. Please include “89 E Athens Street Building” in the subject line of all emails.
The building formerly occupied by Lanier Tech at 89 East Athens Street adjacent to and west of the Winder Cultural Arts Center.
The zoning of the property will be set as Commercial B-1. Additional zoning and development regulation information is located on the City’s website at:
Existing utilities to include water, sewer, and natural gas are available and sized according to a single commercial user. However, there are multiple meters for water and electric serving the building.
The Proposer will be required to consult with the City’s Historic Preservation Commission prior to any external renovations to portions of the buildings and/or structures in the redevelopment of the building.
If the Proposal includes a lease purchase, any external or structural changes during the term of the lease will require written approval from the city prior to receiving a permit. The city reserves the right to require that a bond be set for any structural work being performed during the lease.
REGULATIONS AND BUILDING CODES
All City building codes and regulations are in effect and any potential conflicts or variances should be identified at the time the RFP is submitted.
If a lease purchase is requested in the Proposal, it shall be noted:
- The Proposal shall include the annual lease amount; as well as, the total purchase price.
- The length of the lease, not to exceed sixty (60) months.
- The City shall not include/pay any utilities or maintenance of the building during the lease period.
- The Proposal shall include insuring the building for the full appraised value and naming the City of Winder as a co-insured in the policy.
- The Proposal shall comply in all applicable respects with O.C.G.A. §36-37-6(l)(1-5)
Proposal must contain the following:
- A detailed account of proposed terms and purchase price. If a lease purchase is proposed, please include the details of the lease not to exceed 60 months.
- A description of the proposed end use of the property to include approximate square footage of end use (i.e. retail, restaurant, education, etc.)
- A primary contact name and numbers including phone, business address, and email.
- A signed Proposal with acknowledgement that the Proposer has seen the property.
Sealed Proposals will be received by the City of Winder, Georgia at the City Hall 2nd floor, 25 East Athens Street until 2:00 p.m. local time, Friday September 1, 2017, at which time and place they will be publicly opened and read. Please submit two (2) copies of the Proposal to:
Deborah Mahoney, Project Manager
City of Winder
25 East Midland Avenue
Winder, Georgia 30680
All Proposals submitted to the City are subject to public disclosure pursuant to Open Records Laws. An exception may be made for trade secrets and other items as note within the law.
The City reserves the right to:
- Modify, waive, or otherwise vary the terms and conditions of this RFP at any time, including but not limited to, deadlines for submission and Proposal requirements.
- Waive irregularities in the Proposals.
- Reject or refuse any or all Proposals.
- Accept the Proposal which, in its sole and absolute discretion, best serves the interest of the City.
Within fifteen (15) business days after opening the Mayor and staff shall review all qualified Proposals and the Proposal selected (if any), that is determined to be in the public interest will be presented to the City Council for consideration and approval.