We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information & testing, Family & Medical Leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
General Positions: Click on the job link below to apply online.
Police Positions: Click on the job link below to apply online. Selected applicants will be contacted to complete the Employment Addendum/Notary.
Fire Positions: Click on the job link below to apply online. Selected applicants will be contacted to complete the Notary Form.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted directly by the hiring manager for an interview.
Certified Police Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$37,128- $45,000
- Posted Date:01/08/2020
The City of Winder is accepting applications for Certified Police Officer with the Police Department.
Under general supervision the Police Officer is expected to perform field duties relating to responses to emergencies, general and directed patrol, investigation of crimes and other incidents, traffic enforcement and control, assisting in crime prevention activities, and other law enforcement services and duties as required. A significant degree of initiative, independent judgement, and discretion is required of incumbents to develop, maintain, and successfully perform tasks in a community oriented, problem solving approach to policing.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of Georgia POST certification.
- Completion of POST-approved in-service training hours each year.
- Georgia Crime Information Center (GCIC) certified.
- Completion of specialty schools or training programs as required by the Patrol Commander.
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Senior Police Officer - Additional certifications required.
- Master Police Officer - Additional certifications required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Must meet department’s psychological and background requirements.
- Must pass an annual fit for duty physical and/or physical abilities test.
- Must maintain the department’s firearms qualifications standards.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to pass a credit check.
Full-Time regular employees are eligible for the City's benefit package.
City Benefits Include:
- Dental – 100% paid by the City for Single Employee
- Wellness Rewards Program-Medical Participant
- Flexible Spending Account
- Short Term Disability - 100% paid by the City
- Long Term Disability – 100% paid by the City
- Basic Life Insurance – 100% paid by the City
- Dependent Life Insurance- 100% paid by the City
- Supplemental Life, Spousal, Child(ren), Accident, and Illness
- 457 (b) and 401(a) Retirement Plan with Nationwide Insurance
Paid Time Off:
- 9 Paid Annual Holidays
- 96 Hours of annual vacation leave
- 72 Hours of annual sick leave
Public Safety Education Incentive Program:
- Associate's Degree- $120 per pay period ($3,120 annual max)
- Bachelor's Degree- $180 per pay period (4, 680 annual max)
Peace Officers' Annuity & Benefit Fund of GA