Certified Police Officer
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$ 36,582 - $ 45,003
- Posted Date:07/15/2011
The City of Winder is accepting applications for Certified Police Officer with the Police Department.
Individuals considered for employment will be responsible for performing routine patrol, responding to emergency calls, enforcing federal, state and local laws, investigating crimes, and participating in community relations programs. Competitive salary and benefits, Deferred Income Program, paid vacations, holidays, comprehensive medical plans, vision, dental insurance, Life Insurance, critical insurance, take home vehicle program, and a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan. Must be able to work a 12 hour shifts including on-call status, nights, weekends, holidays, court dates, and overtime.
Must maintain a valid line of communication such as home or cellular phone.
- U.S. Citizen
- Georgia POST Certified Police Officer or police certification from another State
- Possess a valid Georgia driver's license
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Possess a high school diploma
- No felony convictions
- Must be computer literate
- Pass an extensive background investigation
- Must be able to be bonded and pass a credit check
Education Incentive Addition annually
- Associates Degree $ 2,600.00
- Bachelor's Degree $ 3,900.00
An application must be completed for this position. Resumes can be submitted along with applications to the HR Department at the City of Winder.
The City of Winder is a Equal Opportunity Employer.