We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, genetic information & testing, Family & Medical Leave, sexual orientation and gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be considered by the hiring manager to complete next steps in the hiring process. We thank you for your interest.
Please submit applications via email or mail attention: Human Resources
email@example.com or mail it to the Customer Center 45 E Athens Street Winder, GA 30680
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$24-$27 per hour
- Posted Date:02/14/2019
The City's Technology Services Department is an internal support department of the City that performs a high level of customer service. Under general direction this position is responsible for the design, testing, evaluation, implementation, support, management, and deployment of security systems/devices used to safeguard the organization's information assets, debugging of security, routing and management of network schemes to meet high level of reliability required to support critical computer applications. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting, answering employees' technical questions and providing general technical support in a timely manner.
- Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Possession of a valid Georgia driver’s license.
- Network +, MCSE, or other LAN/WAN certifications.
- CCNA, CCNP or other network certification.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM) or other recognized security certification.
- As a condition of employment the employee will be required to obtain and maintain job related licenses and certifications as specified by the supervisor. The employee will be provided a reasonable timeframe to obtain licenses and certification.
- Associates Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in computer science, information technology, software engineering, networking or a related field. Certificate computer programs will be considered in conjunction with experience.
- Two (2) years of experience in a network/technology related position.
- Experience with HP/Cisco Routers and Switches, ASA Firewalls, Mobility, and 802.11.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Never been convicted of a felony.
- A citizen of the United States or has obtain legal work status.
- Must pass a detailed background investigation.
- Work evenings, weekends and/or holidays as required.
- Must be able to be bonded and pass a credit check.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or email. All qualified applicants will be considered but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring manager to complete next steps in the hiring process. We thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $24.00 to $27.00 /hour