Barrow County Farmers Market
- Date: 06/13/2020 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
- Location: Barrow County Historic Courthouse
30 N Broad St
Winder, Georgia 30680
The Barrow County Farmers Market will open each Saturday between May 2 and November 21 from 9 AM-1 PM behind the historic Barrow County courthouse in downtown Winder. It will not be a gathering space or community event. It will be a place to buy local food in an environment with strict safety protocols, which are listed below. Please read through these before you attend the market; we want to keep our customers and vendors safe while providing fresh local foods.
Covid-19 has not been found to be transferred through food. It is however, essential to reduce contact during the market to avoid transfer from person to person. The following protocols will remain in place while COVID-19 remains a threat to our community.
1. Assign booth spaces with increased spacing between vendors.
2. Set-up a hand-washing station at the market booth.
3. Notify customers of protocols via social media and other marketing.
4. Suspend education booths, cooking demos, and other programing that encourages interaction.
5. Clean and sanitize all market booths using appropriate protocol.
1. Not attend the market if ill.
2. Wash hands frequently. Gloves are encouraged and facemasks are required.
3. Make efforts to have one person to manage payment transactions, and another to handle products. This is a best management practice for all market days, but is particularly critical now. If not possible, vendors should wash hands in-between handling money and produce.
4. Utilize contact free forms of payment where possible.
5. Continue to handle produce and prepared food using best management practices for food safety. These practices are effective against COVID-19. Resources are listed on the page below.
6. Clean and sanitize tables and other supplies that come into contact with food. An appropriate protocol is listed on the page below. Again, this practice is always recommended, but is particularly critical now.
7. All prepared foods will be packaged to go.
8. Pre-packaging food is encouraged
9. Avoid offering food samples
10. Direct customers to point to selections rather than touch food items.
1. Continue to practice social distancing by maintaining a distance of six feet from market vendors and other customers.
2. Enter vendor booths one at a time.
3. Point to selections rather than touch food items.
4. Use contact free forms of payment when possible.
If you have any questions regarding this event, please contact the Barrow County Farmers Market at email@example.com