The Utility Billing Department is responsible for collecting payments for all City of Winder Utility Services.Winder Customer Center
45 East Athens Street
Winder, GA 30680
Phone: (770) 867-3106
UTILITY SERVICE APPLICATION:
WINDER ASSISTANCE SENIOR UTILITY PROGRAM (WASUP)
The Winder Assistance Senior Utility Program (WASUP) helps seniors by offering a discounted rate for utilities. This program is available for residential water, sewer, and solid waste customers by providing a utility discount for eligible seniors (age 70+). To be eligible for WASUP, you must meet the following:
- You are seventy (70) years of age or older. (Must show driver’s license or valid form of identification.)
- You are the homeowner/occupant or renter/occupant with your name noted on the lease agreement.
- You have City of Winder Water, Sewer, and Garbage service.
- You have the utility bill in your name.
- You have a Household of two (2) or less adults*.
- Your annual household income is at or below 150% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
The WASUP does not apply to residences used for business purposes OR for rental property.
*Adult defined as non-legally disabled individual over the age of 17.
For seniors that qualify, the City of Winder will discount the cost of your water, sewer, and garbage portion of your utility bill by 15%.
The WASUP excludes Natural Gas and penalties charges.
||Check or Money Order |
||Cash, Check Money Order or Credit Card payments accepted. |
||Located at the exit of the back parking lot of the Winder Customer Center. Checks and Money Orders only (NO CASH) accepted in the Drop Box. |
||Utilty Bill Online Payment|
||Visa and Mastercard by phone, at the Winder Customer Center or Utility Bill Online Payment|
||Call the Winder Customer Center at (770) 867-3106 for details or in person at the Winder Customer Center with completed Automatic Draft Form.|
If you have any questions or complaints about your account you may request and informal hearing with a city representative to discuss your account. Your services will not be disconnected pending and hearing request if you have a valid dispute over the facts or amount of your obilgation.
RECONNECTION FOR NON-PAYMENT NOTICE:
Service discontinued for non-payment will not be placed back in service after normal working hours or on weekends.
- Water Service: $50.00
- Natural Gas Service: $50.00
$30.00 Service Charge on Returned Checks
- Single Family Residential: $13.64
- Commercial (Small Meter): $14.65
- Commercial (Medium Meter): $43.48
- Commercial/Industrial (Large Meter): $67.62
NOTICE: CITY OF WINDER NATURAL GAS CUSTOMERS
Federal Regulation 192.16 requires that we notify you to exercise diligence regarding underground or buried gas piping. Buried pipe downstream (house side) of the gas meter belongs to you, the gas consumer, and the gas consumer is responsible for maintenance and operation of this portion of the fuel line system.
- Periodically check for leaks, check for corrosion if piping is metal and repair when needed. Always CALL BEFORE YOU DIG - 811 so underground utilities can be marked.
This is a NOTICE only. For questions or comments, please call (770) 867-7629.