Fire Prevention is implemented in several ways by the department: Business Inspections, Fire Safety Classes, Fire Extinguisher Classes, Self Fire Inspection Program, Downtown Walk Around, education of officers and firefighters regarding Fire Prevention and Fire Safety.
Georgia Law requires the City of Winder enforce a fire code that is equal to the minimum fire laws of Georgia. The City complies with this law.
- Fire Codes
- Pre-1948 Georgia Fire Law
- 2012 NFPA 101 Life Safety Code
- ADA Codes as required by the U.S Department of Justice
- 1948 Fire Code (Building and Exit Code)
- NFPA codes as adopted and/or modified by the City of Winder and/or the State of Georgia Fire Marshal's Office
- 2006 International Fire Code
Outdoor burn permits for the City of Winder are issued at Winder Fire Station #1, located at 96 North Broad Street. Citizens may pick up a burn permit in person during the hours 8:00 a.m. till 7:00 p.m. Monday through Sunday. Citizens are also responsible for following the outdoor burn regulations set forth by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.
STATE BURN BAN MAY 1 THRU SEPTEMBER 30.